why $1 cans really aren't worth buying...

trying to step up your game? come in here to share Ideas. Learn about techniques and other various skill sharing.

is $1 paint worth buying?

yes
34%
no
25%
maybe on occasion
41%

Total votes : 133

Re: why $1 cans really aren't worth buying...

Postby citizen42 on Sun May 29, 2011 10:25 am

1$ cans are all i have ever touched
citizen42

Postby godless on Sun May 29, 2011 10:42 am

if you're going to risk the possbile charges that could come with shoplifting, you might as well go for the best paint they have on the shelf. racking dollar cans is like car jacking Geo Metro owners
[quote="ARMNhammer"]i come from a long line of bosses
godless

Postby -D3K- on Sun May 29, 2011 1:13 pm

[quote="godless"]if you're going to risk the possbile charges that could come with shoplifting, you might as well go for the best paint they have on the shelf. racking dollar cans is like car jacking Geo Metro owners

I guess, we usually have a combination though.
..................Image
-D3K-

Postby vice on Sun May 29, 2011 4:57 pm

of dollar cans and geo metro owners?
[quote="godless"]we all know that girls are great and keeping secrets and never gossip about sh*t to their friends.
vice

Postby -D3K- on Sun May 29, 2011 5:10 pm

[quote="vice"]of dollar cans and geo metro owners?

No, of expensive and dollar cans
..................Image
-D3K-

Postby vice on Mon May 30, 2011 7:29 pm

please tell me you actually did realize I was joking but were just carrying it further.
[quote="godless"]we all know that girls are great and keeping secrets and never gossip about sh*t to their friends.
vice

Postby TREW on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:30 pm

guys. guys. guys. its ok to rack dollar cans if you rack the most exensive types...
"i don't get angry, i don't get violent, and i certainly don't try to throw up on people on purpose"
TREW

Postby Kno One on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:56 pm

why not use good can when you have the loot. Ive been there, usein dollar cans an shii. its good to learn can control wit 1$ cans cuz when you move up to big boy paint everything will seem to come easy
Kno One

Postby L4RD on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:16 am

[quote="godless"]if you're going to risk the possbile charges that could come with shoplifting, you might as well go for the best paint they have on the shelf. racking dollar cans is like car jacking Geo Metro owners

lol again u got me rollin what the hell is wrong with ur funny molecule. lullzz
L4RD

Postby SilkyJohnson on Wed May 09, 2012 4:24 pm

I love dollar cans and stock tippin the more I do it the better my can control gets... then when you cop that pricey sh*t you will have the can control and skill to know what your doing.

SilkyJohnson

Postby AZMA on Wed May 09, 2012 6:42 pm

That looks like sh.it what the f*ck is wrong with you. Did you do that with chalk? Do you have parkinsons?
AZMA
VIP

Postby SilkyJohnson on Wed May 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Its dollar paint and if it looks like sh*t it validates the point why I should be using cheap sh*t. 2 dollars or 15 for 2 cans of pricey sh*t ... I never claimed it to look good im learning and I have see plenty worse than me. But keep on trollin that seems to be your sole purpose here looking at your post count.
SilkyJohnson

Postby AZMA on Wed May 09, 2012 7:28 pm

[quote="SilkyJohnson"]Its dollar paint and if it looks like sh*t it validates the point why I should be using cheap sh*t. 2 dollars or 15 for 2 cans of pricey sh*t ... I never claimed it to look good im learning and I have see plenty worse than me. But keep on trollin that seems to be your sole purpose here looking at your post count.

Me telling you your sh.it looks terrible isn't trolling when it's 100% genuine. The whole "it's dollar cans" cop out doesn't work because no ones graffiti should look that poorly executed. I've seen brazillians paint throws with blood and sh.it that looks cleaner than that, Kato shi.tting in a sock and doing tags was cleaner than that. You have decent letters, that's why you half assing a throw bothered me. Even toys know to at least fill in correctly and make the drop shadow solid. You ignoring basic techniques in painting let's me know 99% of your career has been spent in a book biting letters, afraid of looking toy on the streets. You can't skip steps nigga. I'm here to help and give criticism in my own way, it's your choice to acknowledge it or hide behind your retarded "He's just a troll!" emotional shield.
AZMA
VIP

Postby SilkyJohnson on Wed May 09, 2012 8:39 pm

Understandable if you were to give me crits even in your assholish way I would have accepted that rather than just saying it was horrible and leaving it at that. I know I need to learn alot and experience using the can will do more than any conversation ever will . There are so many ppl trollin on forums it's hard to know the difference. It was my first time using stock tips so the black was a bit more runny than the primer which is probably because my sh*tty can control. I was far from satisfied and I did post the pic in the toy box because I know that is what it is. I am open to any suggestions or crits to help me get better now that I understand your approach toward us toys isn't ass kissing I respect that.
SilkyJohnson

Postby AZMA on Wed May 09, 2012 9:02 pm

I don't have a lot to tell you past what I said previously, make sure the guy under you isn't showin through your fill and try take some more time with your outlines.
AZMA
VIP

Postby SilkyJohnson on Wed May 09, 2012 9:11 pm

Cool ill work on it.
SilkyJohnson

Postby resk on Thu May 10, 2012 1:11 am

i need crits from azma.. keep an eye on ur inbox.
for all of your holiday graff supplies go to http://artprimo.com/catalog/index.php?afref=74938
Soul brother # 1+1....gettin' fed like where drugs & guns come from.
resk
annoying 10 year old.
annoying 10 year old.

Postby CRUCiAL on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:28 pm

Everything has its place, man. Those sh*tty $1 cans (what up quikcolor flat black?) are good for menial sh*t like stencils and crossouts. Why buy a $7 can if half of it's going to be sprayed on the edges of a cereal box?
And as far as racking cheap paint, why? If you're not paying, why get the cheap sh*t? Coz it's not in the paint cage? f*ck that, roll over to the broom section, grab one, and just knock them off the shelf and catch them at the bottom.
CRUCiAL

Postby NeirOne on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:51 pm

Cus stencils are gay
[quote="biz-one"]my favorite game when I was a kid was "throw batteries at the class fatty"
NeirOne

Postby godless on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:04 pm

using dollar paint sucks even for stencils, wet leaky edges and drips and sh*t. it's also not good for crossing ppl out, unless your some b*tch who won't sign it when you hack. i'd also like to add that stencils are not gay, but a lot of the college art fags who do them are. i've seen some good use of stencils, including but not limited to using them on fills when piecing.
[quote="ARMNhammer"]i come from a long line of bosses
godless

PreviousNext

Return to SKILL SWAP