Tutorial SuperThread

trying to step up your game? come in here to share Ideas. Learn about techniques and other various skill sharing.

Re: Tutorial SuperThread

Postby halodub on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:31 pm

I had bad experiences with photobucket. Granted I only used it on my iPod, but that's beside the point. I will have to try and start using it again. Just gotta remember my account info...

EDIT: Haha so I logged on and I found some of my old drawings on there. Pretty bad. Might post one in the new stuff thread for sh*ts and giggles.
[quote="Ikarus"]random fact: even the straight, non-butthole-eating half of the forums hates ZQ.
[quote="Coffee"][quote="xZeeQo"]That's why I get raped by fat white chicks
[quote="sumcat"]
"Time wasted messing with a can is not time wasted."
-Rustoleous Maximus
halodub

Postby resk on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:52 pm

i like flikr. its real professional. pb is like a rich kids play room. sh*t eveywhere!
for all of your holiday graff supplies go to http://artprimo.com/catalog/index.php?afref=74938
Soul brother # 1+1....gettin' fed like where drugs & guns come from.
resk
annoying 10 year old.
annoying 10 year old.

Postby godless on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:32 am

I feel that flickr is a place for someone to browse related photos by many ppl, whereas photobucket is a locker to store many photos and then share with ppl of your choosing.
[quote="ARMNhammer"]i come from a long line of bosses
godless

Postby Duke EeLLington on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:57 pm

[quote="godless"]I feel that flickr is a place for someone to browse related photos by many ppl, whereas photobucket is a locker to store many photos and then share with ppl of your choosing.

I should, I think I created one for Fart Primo. I think I will just start using that one in that case.
[quote="biz-one"][quote="Duke EeLLington"]Don't flatter him!
There is only one poster here who has my little heart.

<3 u 2 dukie
Duke EeLLington
Jungle VIP

Making homemade white for filling DECO Broadlines (?)

Postby markus on Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:45 pm

(dunno if this is the right spot for this post, considering there isnt a "how-to" section...there is a how to section, and now you're in it -g)

Im a big fan of white Deco Broadlines for smooth surfaces! Before stores in my area discontinued carrying single Deco's, I would grab 2-3 whites & empty them into a single marker before going out, to make sure I had plenty of ammo.

Any ideas for a small-scale recipe for a runny but opaque white to fill a Deco? (i know there's always white bucket Rusto+thinner- but a lotta thinner can really make the white "pop" a lot less & im kinda just looking for other recipes to be honest)

One obvious thing to come to mind was 2.7oz white Smash (since Deco's naturally contain xylene), mixed with just a little reducer or plain xylene. (input?)

BUT with priorities based on keeping things cheap (& maybe rackable), I was curious if one could use white-out + a slow-drying agent + a little reducer or plain xylene?
Any ideas &/or input would be totally appreciated.
markus

Postby frosty on Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:20 am

just buy a cutty mop and an 8 oz of white smash. The easiest solution, young padawan, is often times the best.
frosty

Postby SCAIR on Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:57 pm

So i went out and got me some pigment the other day. It says "super pigmented acrylic" on it. I was wondering if i could turn this into sometype of ink like sur1 did a while back. Would i need any additives like some stainer or what. Any recipes? Help is appreciated
[quote="conky"]I support period blood tags, keep on keepin on.

[quote="biz-one"]undercover is like underwater, people drown underwater, dolphins cant drown, I am a dolphin
SCAIR

Postby biz-one on Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:41 pm

Since "acrylic" is in the name, I'd assume that the pigments are probably acrylic or water based. That means mix it with acrylic/water bases. Too bad you didn't get a fancy color because you can make some nice ghetto junobo like that by mixing with white paint. Unfortunately, black pigments will just make it light grey.

My advice: Try to find a permanant, thin, and acrylic base for it that the pigments will bind with. Do some experimenting son!
[quote="godless"]this kid in my school bought $50 of disdick. he choked on the first hit.

[quote="Coffee"]I'm going to set your birds up on a hopscotch court and invite everyone I know to play.
biz-one

Postby resk on Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:57 pm

[quote="biz-one"]Since "acrylic" is in the name, I'd assume that the pigments are probably acrylic or water based. That means mix it with acrylic/water bases. Too bad you didn't get a fancy color because you can make some nice ghetto junobo like that by mixing with white paint. Unfortunately, black pigments will just make it light grey.

My advice: Try to find a permanant, thin, and acrylic base for it that the pigments will bind with. Do some experimenting son!

yea i mixed a couple colors of some sh*t and i gotta purpleish grey color out of it..
for all of your holiday graff supplies go to http://artprimo.com/catalog/index.php?afref=74938
Soul brother # 1+1....gettin' fed like where drugs & guns come from.
resk
annoying 10 year old.
annoying 10 year old.

Postby SCAIR on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:46 pm

[quote="biz-one"]Since "acrylic" is in the name, I'd assume that the pigments are probably acrylic or water based. That means mix it with acrylic/water bases. Too bad you didn't get a fancy color because you can make some nice ghetto junobo like that by mixing with white paint. Unfortunately, black pigments will just make it light grey.

Yeah the sh*t says its permanent but ive been messing around with it and testing it out and it has no permanent or staining qualities whatsoever.
and who said i didnt get a "rad" color. i actually did get a nice teal green but ive messed around with making junobo before and its just not the stuff for me.
[quote="conky"]I support period blood tags, keep on keepin on.

[quote="biz-one"]undercover is like underwater, people drown underwater, dolphins cant drown, I am a dolphin
SCAIR

Postby lettheboypaint on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:34 pm

HOMEMADE PRESTO MOPS

aight guys, this is a super simple tutorial but I hadn't heard of someone doing it and I thought it was kinda cool/useful. I had a couple prestos laying around that I f*cked the nibs up on so I decided to find a way to get my moneys worth out of the remaining "paint". I'll go through step by step how to make your own KIWI PRESTO MOP (or any presto mop/marker).

Step One: gather old prestos, razor blade and something to put them into. i.e. mop, marker, steel tip whatever.

Step Two: Hold each presto upright individually and make a small incision at the very top of the blue part around the thin side as seen in the picture.

Step Three: Carefully hold presto over container or mop and squeeze the hole open and let all the paint drip into your new container until all prestos are empty. Now cap it and you're good to go. I put mine in a kiwi mop without the inside valve, it's a little bit thin but it works well and may have worked better with the valve.

Step Four: Have Fun

lettheboypaint

Postby lettheboypaint on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:38 pm

I was gonna put it in that krink but my nib was f*cked up so I decided to use a kiwi mop
lettheboypaint

Postby Epsy26 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:57 pm

can any of you give me a run down on xylene? i ordered some smash bubblegum once, and it was by far in the top 3 best inks i have ever used. I am just curious how i would come about making some, or a recipe that can help, or even a direction would be nice.
"apex661 wrote:
and thats all of my paint lets see yours and btw not all pictured actually i have over 3000 cans and 1000 markers"
Epsy26

Postby godless on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:35 pm

You want to make xylene? sh*ts cheap at the hardware store
[quote="ARMNhammer"]i come from a long line of bosses
godless

Postby vote4Durden on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:35 pm

You don't want to synth xylene. And [quote="lettheboypaint"]HOMEMADE PRESTO MOPS

why waste those Prestos!?
[quote="AZMA"]Yeah Durden is garbage

[quote="AdinaHoward"]anything you dont steal should be ordered from Art Primo period
vote4Durden

Postby Epsy26 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:35 pm

i geus i should have worded that a little better for more understanding, does anyone know the smash recipe for the bubblegum pink ink? i want to make some pink ink that was as luscious and thin as the stuff i got. im just curious if i can just mix xylene with some regular ol white rusto bucket paint, then add in some pink pigmen/pink oil just whichever, to make an ink like smash?
"apex661 wrote:
and thats all of my paint lets see yours and btw not all pictured actually i have over 3000 cans and 1000 markers"
Epsy26

Postby vote4Durden on Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:43 pm

I don't think the one you just stated will be quite as thin as you want it..
[quote="AZMA"]Yeah Durden is garbage

[quote="AdinaHoward"]anything you dont steal should be ordered from Art Primo period
vote4Durden

Postby Epsy26 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:48 pm

well i am asking how i would come about making this a possibility.
"apex661 wrote:
Epsy26

Postby biz-one on Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:22 pm

[quote="Epsy26"]i geus i should have worded that a little better for more understanding, does anyone know the smash recipe for the bubblegum pink ink? i want to make some pink ink that was as luscious and thin as the stuff i got. im just curious if i can just mix xylene with some regular ol white rusto bucket paint, then add in some pink pigmen/pink oil just whichever, to make an ink like smash?

Only one way to find out. Trial and error homie.
[quote="godless"]this kid in my school bought $50 of disdick. he choked on the first hit.

[quote="Coffee"]I'm going to set your birds up on a hopscotch court and invite everyone I know to play.
biz-one

Postby Epsy26 on Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:20 pm

im working on it, im gonna go get me some xylol,xylene, a bucket of rusto white oil based and a small tube of some pink oil based paint
mix the pink and white and im going to assume 1/4 paint and 3/4 xylene to make it nice and thin i just hope the pigment will stick enough that its not a huge mess

i do not know why, but bubblegum pink is f*cking sexy.
"apex661 wrote:
Epsy26

PreviousNext

Return to SKILL SWAP