the marker thread

got questions about belton paints? Is your mop not juicy enough? can't get that rusto fat to fit on your european can? come here for general help

Re: the marker thread

Postby Gluecap on Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:55 pm

LOL! you dumbass. Why didn't you get a KO?
[quote="Cassie Tert"] He looks at me, clearly identifies me as his son. Then he shows me his genitals and runs away into the night.

[quote="conky"]If rcane stands for rock cocaine then I would indeed like it to be free.
Gluecap

Postby Circ on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:10 pm

black and green sir, but any suggestions otherwise? just wanted some drippy gold action and was severely dissapointed
"NICE BRUSH STROKES BRUH"
Circ

Postby ace111dom111tora*-- on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:57 pm

Doesnt all the pigments n sh*t get stuck in the nib? or did the new formula fix that?
[quote="New Low"]I have a dream! To get into the magical box of rhythms duke ordered to ship me back to the 90's.

[quote="ARMNhammer"]really. Who the f*ck is Armn? I wanna know!
ace111dom111tora*--

Postby godless on Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:56 pm

perhaps try this. take out the nib, then take a safety pin and push it through the length of the nib. this should help the ink flow into the nib a bit better. maybe flaring the nib could help reduce the streakyness? also make sure you've shaken the hell out of the market, that gold pigment will all settle and that might be why your nib is clogged
[quote="ARMNhammer"]i come from a long line of bosses
godless

Postby Gluecap on Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:23 pm

[quote="Circ"]black and green sir, but any suggestions otherwise? just wanted some drippy gold action and was severely dissapointed

Haha smart man. If you really wanna treat your market well bite the end and flare the nib
[quote="Cassie Tert"] He looks at me, clearly identifies me as his son. Then he shows me his genitals and runs away into the night.

[quote="conky"]If rcane stands for rock cocaine then I would indeed like it to be free.
Gluecap

Postby biz-one on Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:44 pm

[quote="Gluecap"][quote="Circ"]black and green sir, but any suggestions otherwise? just wanted some drippy gold action and was severely dissapointed

Haha smart man. If you really wanna treat your market well bite the end and flare the nib

Good advice, I do this with almost all my metal valve markers.

Or just buy some gold smash and throw that sh*t in an AP mop. I prefer the little 2oz ones.
[quote="godless"]this kid in my school bought $50 of disdick. he choked on the first hit.

[quote="Coffee"]I'm going to set your birds up on a hopscotch court and invite everyone I know to play.
biz-one

Postby Duke EeLLington on Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:50 pm

I've seen a few of the gold smash markers do that.
I have recommended shaking them up a bit and also poking the nib with a needle. Think about it, metallic pigments are a lot larger than paint.
I wonder how hard of a time the Smash boys had finding the right concoction between xylene and gold for it to cover, be fluid and not clump like that.
They should have consulted Biz.
[quote="biz-one"][quote="Duke EeLLington"]Don't flatter him!
There is only one poster here who has my little heart.

<3 u 2 dukie
Duke EeLLington
Jungle VIP

Postby resk on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:04 pm

i bit and flared my silver marker.. well i bit it... idk if its flared or not... whenever i flare my markers they just get streaky as hell... so i have to flip the nib.
for all of your holiday graff supplies go to http://artprimo.com/catalog/index.php?afref=74938
Soul brother # 1+1....gettin' fed like where drugs & guns come from.
resk
annoying 10 year old.
annoying 10 year old.

Postby Gluecap on Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:49 am

If it's not fully juiced it'll get streaky

Gluecap

Postby biz-one on Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:52 am

[quote="resk"]i bit and flared my silver marker.. well i bit it... idk if its flared or not... whenever i flare my markers they just get streaky as hell... so i have to flip the nib.

Maybe you're just not flaring it right. Its a little harder than people make it sound, there is definately a "proper" technique to doing it.
[quote="godless"]this kid in my school bought $50 of disdick. he choked on the first hit.

[quote="Coffee"]I'm going to set your birds up on a hopscotch court and invite everyone I know to play.
biz-one

Postby whatupdun on Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:29 pm

[quote="Gluecap"]If it's not fully juiced it'll get streaky

this, i only flare my markers and they're fine as long as they're juiced up and i'm not tagging at light speed.
whatupdun

Postby resk on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:19 pm

[quote="biz-one"][quote="resk"]i bit and flared my silver marker.. well i bit it... idk if its flared or not... whenever i flare my markers they just get streaky as hell... so i have to flip the nib.

Maybe you're just not flaring it right. Its a little harder than people make it sound, there is definately a "proper" technique to doing it.

explain please... cuz i do think i be doin it wrong... Lmao and i juice it like a mug... i gotta pen 15 but that b*tch streaky as f*ck... how can i combat this?
for all of your holiday graff supplies go to http://artprimo.com/catalog/index.php?afref=74938
resk
annoying 10 year old.
annoying 10 year old.

Postby VanillaCoke on Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:00 pm

i don't know if there is a right or wrong way but i rub them on cinder block and it seems to work well.
VanillaCoke

Postby Duke EeLLington on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:05 am

essentially what you are doing is loosening the fibers in the nib to allow pigment passage.
[quote="biz-one"][quote="Duke EeLLington"]Don't flatter him!
There is only one poster here who has my little heart.

<3 u 2 dukie
Duke EeLLington
Jungle VIP

Postby resk on Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:33 pm

but most of the time when i do this it just makes it streaky..
resk
annoying 10 year old.
annoying 10 year old.

Postby biz-one on Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:42 pm

Personally, I always rubbed it on cement or something rough enough to flatten the nib out, then used a seraded knife to actually cut slits into the tip of it, in a grid pattern. So when you go to write with it, the tip of the nib actually spreads outwards.

biz-one

Postby resk on Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:29 pm

ok ok... i need to try this..
resk
annoying 10 year old.
annoying 10 year old.

Postby frosty on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:35 pm

im interested in what this looks like. could you post a pic?
frosty

Postby whatupdun on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:18 am

i always took an x-acto knife, cut it into the nib horizontally, and twirled the nib around it.
whatupdun

Postby Burnin Blunts on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:41 pm

I usually make some shallow slices in the nib and make a bunch of shallow stabs with a safety pin to help loosen it up, then cement.
Burnin Blunts

PreviousNext

Return to PRODUCTS, ORDERS AND ACCOUNT QUESTIONS