prisimcolor markers

trying to step up your game? come in here to share Ideas. Learn about techniques and other various skill sharing.

are they any good?

yes
54%
no
8%
wtf, defanatly
38%

Total votes : 13

prisimcolor markers

Postby Fable... on Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:28 pm

hey do your ''realy amasing" expensive prisimcolors bleed in ur black books? if so what can i do stop it.. i was thinking of spraying them with with primer but than again its primer, so wtf?
[quote="Fahout-Mist"]knowing fable, which i dont, his dads probably a multi-billionaire, outer-space cowboy, bullrider, and van gogh.
Fable...
VIP

Re: prisimcolor markers

Postby M1NR! on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:17 pm

[quote="Fable..."]hey do your ''realy amasing" expensive prisimcolors bleed in ur black books? if so what can i do stop it.. i was thinking of spraying them with with primer but than again its primer, so wtf?

I Have Never Had A Prisma "Bleed" When I Use Them In My Blackbooks...It Depends On What Type Of Paper Youre Using...Acid Free Paper That They Use In The Blackbooks Sold At Michaels Have Worked Great For Me Always...Now, As Far As Bleeding...It Wont Happen On The Side Youre Using The Prismas On Unless You Stay In One Spot Instead Of Using Smooth Even Strokes...Prismas Work Just Like Watercolors...The Other Side Of The Paper Though Thats A Different Story...If You Want Your Book To Last I Would Suggest Putting At Least Two Scrap Sheets Underneath It So It Doesnt Soak Through The Clean Pages Behind It...So Your Best Bet Is To Get The All Black Leather Bound Sketchbooks From Michaels (However You Get Them I Dont Care...And The Same Goes For Prismas) And Use That...They Have Many Different Sizes To Choose From
Evolution Is A Theory...I Make It A Reality...We Are Brought Forth Into This World To Evolve Into A Refined And Intelligent Form Of Higher Learning Species...So Enlighten Yourself With The Vibes That Surround You...ESAK...YGW...Infinite Tribe
M1NR!

Postby Fable... on Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:25 pm

like ill draw the finest line and it will start out like >1mm and it will bleed wide to like <2mm's if i try to draw two lines next to eachother they will bleed toghether to make a darker color
ya i got my black book at michles its one of those art pro hard covers it says acid free but its like wtf but i guesse they are like water colors theyr nor raly opaque at all
o and the primer is an epic fail, ill leave it thare
[quote="Fahout-Mist"]knowing fable, which i dont, his dads probably a multi-billionaire, outer-space cowboy, bullrider, and van gogh.
Fable...
VIP

Postby ARMNhammer on Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:56 pm

Prismas are dope. it just sounds like someone needs to practice a bit.
ARMNhammer

Postby M1NR! on Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:21 am

[quote="Fable..."]like ill draw the finest line and it will start out like >1mm and it will bleed wide to like <2mm's if i try to draw two lines next to eachother they will bleed toghether to make a darker color
ya i got my black book at michles its one of those art pro hard covers it says acid free but its like wtf but i guesse they are like water colors theyr nor raly opaque at all
o and the primer is an epic fail, ill leave it thare

Yea You Just Need To Practice...Man The First Time I Used Prismas I Was Pissed Off Cause I Thought That They Worked Just Like Regular Ass Markers...They Work Like Watercolors...As Far As How Youre Saying That You Start Off With A Line And It Gets Wider...Man You Gotta Be Smooth With That sh*t...Like A Can...If You Stay In One Spot Youre Not Gonna Get Good Results...My Suggestion Is Start At The Back Of Your Book And f*ck Around With The Markers...Play With The Colors, Strokes, Blending, Double Covering, Etc...Prismas Take Some Practice Its Just Like Spray Son
Evolution Is A Theory...I Make It A Reality...We Are Brought Forth Into This World To Evolve Into A Refined And Intelligent Form Of Higher Learning Species...So Enlighten Yourself With The Vibes That Surround You...ESAK...YGW...Infinite Tribe
M1NR!

Postby late_again on Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:10 pm

the biggest problem i have with them is that they bleed thru the pages onto the one under it. i just put a sheet of blank paper under the page im useing so it bleeds on to that one insted. getting a thicker page blackbook would fix that too. ive been doing a lot with just pencil latly so i havnt even f*cked with my prismas in a while
I'm At Where Your Sister Went.
late_again

Postby Fable... on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:13 pm

i still like paint markers the best ut i dont want to spend $70 for the art primo deco's u no and paint markers are anoyingg to rack because theyy rattle like a mo fo
Fable...
VIP

Postby narcoze on Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:34 pm

yeah that bleeding is just what happens all the time. but I usually outline with black so I don't care.
narcoze

Postby ARMNhammer on Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:02 pm

[quote="late_again"]the biggest problem i have with them is that they bleed thru the pages onto the one under it. i just put a sheet of blank paper under the page im useing so it bleeds on to that one insted. getting a thicker page blackbook would fix that too. ive been doing a lot with just pencil latly so i havnt even f*cked with my prismas in a while

you are supposed to put a piece of printer paper under the page you are working on to soak up the bleed...
ARMNhammer

Re: prisimcolor markers

Postby SWeR on Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:26 pm

[quote="Fable..."]hey do your ''realy amasing" expensive prisimcolors bleed in ur black books? if so what can i do stop it.. i was thinking of spraying them with with primer but than again its primer, so wtf?

what i do is put a peice of smooth cardboard behind the page i use, its what most artist do with bleeding mediums.
-SWeR
HIP HOP IS IMMORTAL
SWeR

Return to SKILL SWAP