making silver ink

trying to step up your game? come in here to share Ideas. Learn about techniques and other various skill sharing.

homemade mops or bought

homemade
61%
store bought
39%

Total votes : 18

Postby mark'emup on Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:15 pm

if you soak your caps in paint thinner in a plastic disposable drinking cup, it will melt the cup. but the plastci it is sold in is thicker, so it is impervious to the "heat"....but this is irrelevant, because your only using the thinner for a thinning agent, your not using straight paint thinner. and add about a 20% total of the whole amount of acetone, so if its 4oz paint, use 2.5 oz of thinner and .5 ounce of acetone, (play with the numbers, as products vary)
mark'emup

Postby Wacko UTA Crew on Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:18 pm

[quote="mark'emup"]if you soak your caps in paint thinner in a plastic disposable drinking cup, it will melt the cup. but the plastci it is sold in is thicker, so it is impervious to the "heat"....but this is irrelevant, because your only using the thinner for a thinning agent, your not using straight paint thinner. and add about a 20% total of the whole amount of acetone, so if its 4oz paint, use 2.5 oz of thinner and .5 ounce of acetone, (play with the numbers, as products vary)

same is true with gasoline,put it in a cup and itll melt,but it dont melt gas cans...there are plastics out here that are as strong as metal though,my parents owned a small plastic company when i was growing up,well my mom and step dad did anyway
Under The Addiction Crew

APFS.......
Wacko UTA Crew

Postby biz-one on Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:28 pm

hmm, i never knew that.
thank you guys!
BTW, is this thread considered the "big ink thread"??

because i have a decent sized list of paint-mixing theories for people who cant figure it out themselves.
Last edited by biz-one on Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[quote="godless"]this kid in my school bought $50 of disdick. he choked on the first hit.

[quote="Coffee"]I'm going to set your birds up on a hopscotch court and invite everyone I know to play.
biz-one

Postby rskm1r on Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:32 pm

[quote="biz-one"]is this thread considered the "big ink thread"??

im wondering the same thing..
rskm1r

Postby mark'emup on Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:03 pm

[quote="biz-one"]hmm, i never knew that.
thank you guys!
BTW, is this thread considered the "big ink thread"??

because i have a decent sized list of paint-mixing theories for people who cant figure it out themselves.

pm me
mark'emup

Previous

Return to SKILL SWAP