clogged caps

trying to step up your game? come in here to share Ideas. Learn about techniques and other various skill sharing.

clogged caps

Postby meggaattron on Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:06 pm

Hi! I'm kinda new to this, been loving testing the waters a bit but keep having problems with my caps clogging. Is it just the caps that come with the cans? Are the ones you buy here better? Is this just a thing that happens with this medium (like just gotta keep using new ones and chalk it up to the cost of the supplies)? Just been using Rusto Painter's Touch 2x cuz that's what I can get at the hardware store. But it's super fn annoying trying to juggle clean caps and have experimented with thinner and acetone to try to clean them and not finding good results. Any advice/tips would be much appreciated!!
meggaattron

Re: clogged caps

Postby GottaBeFresh667 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:11 pm

Anytime you're done painting turn the can upside down and spray until nothing comes out. This will make sure there's no paint left in the cap/valve to dry up and clog. This is especially necessary with Rusto 2X and designer paints as the formulas are a lot thicker and prone to clogging when it dries in the valve (which is more likely where you're having the issue). More watery formulas like stops rust or dollar cans are less likely to clog in the valve even after drying.
[quote="biz-one"]
I need a b*tch with some felonies

[quote="TopToy"]wtf is a green ranger

[quote="vote4Durden"]Just f*cking some dudes. Whatsup w you?
GottaBeFresh667

Re: clogged caps

Postby vote4Durden on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:34 am

Buy some caps and adapters. My NYs last a week or so. Get a hundred pack of those and 20 adapters. That's what I usually order.
http://artprimo.com/catalog/ny-fatcap-p-339.html
http://artprimo.com/catalog/sekt-cap-adapter-pink-p-3258.html
[quote="AZMA"]Yeah Durden is garbage

[quote="AdinaHoward"]anything you dont steal should be ordered from Art Primo period
vote4Durden

Return to SKILL SWAP